What is a Custom Capacitive Switch?
A custom capacitive switch senses touch through capacitance changes. When you touch a capacitive switch, the electricity stored in your body interacts with conductive material in the switch. The switch senses the resulting change in capacitance and reacts according to its programming.
Capacitive touch technologies are becoming increasingly popular—and for good reason! They are durable, sleek, and efficient. Our custom capacitive switches can be tailored to suit the needs of your specific application and are suitable in a variety of environments. We can incorporate backlighting or haptics into your switch if required for your project.
Capacitive Switch Customization Options:
- Custom sensor placement and programming
- IP67 or NEMA4 water proof design options
- Compatibility with backlighting technologies to create a custom backlit keypad
- Side fire LEDs to uniformly light large areas
- Top fire LEDs to light small areas
- Overlay Customizations:
- Your Custom Graphic Overlay
- Your keypad layout
- Custom Colors
- Custom Text
Benefits of Capacitive Switches:
- Function in a variety of environments, including in the presence of excess moisture or particulate matter
- Can interact with the user via haptic feedback
- Quick response time
- Elimination of line noise
- Thin and sleek
- No moving pieces will typically mean a longer lifespan
- Affordable and energy efficient
Almax provides custom capacitive switches complete with your graphic overlay and custom electronics. Our company has been manufacturing and designing custom capacitive switches for many years. We have learned though experience how to design and manufacture a robust and ascetically pleasing capacitive switch. When your user interface has to work, Almax is your best choice for a custom capacitive switch. We can work with you at every step of the design and manufacturing process to ensure that your product is tailored to suit your application. With our wide array of customizations, from custom backlighting to moisture resistance, you are sure to find a solution with us.
Contact us today at Sales@Almax-RP.com to get started on your custom capacitive switch.