What is a Custom Capacitive Switch?
A custom capacitive switch senses touch through capacitance changes. When you touch a capacitive switch, the electricity stored in your body interacts with conductive material in the switch. The switch senses the resulting change in capacitance and reacts according to its programming. Capacitive touch technologies are becoming increasingly popular, and for good reason! They are durable, efficient, and sleek. Our custom capacitive switches can be tailored to suit the needs of your specific application and are suitable in a variety of environments. We can incorporate backlighting or haptics into your switch if required for your project.
Why Should You Work With Almax-RP?
Almax makes custom capacitive switches complete with your graphic overlay and custom electronics. Our company has been manufacturing and designing custom capacitive switches for many years. We have learned though experience how to design and manufacture a robust and ascetically pleasing capacitive switch. When your user interface has to work, Almax is your best choice for a custom capacitive switch. We can work with you at every step of the design and manufacturing process to ensure that your product is tailored to suit your application. With our wide array of customization options, from custom backlighting to moisture resistance, we can design a capacitive keypad to fit your needs.
Custom Capacitive Switch Options
- Custom sensor placement and programming
- IP67 or NEMA4 water proof design options
- Compatibility with backlighting technologies
- Side fire LEDs with Light Guid Film
- Top fire LEDs to light small areas
- Overlay Customizations:
- Your Custom Graphic Overlay
- Your Keypad Layout
- Custom Colors
- Custom Text
Benefits of Capacitive Switches:
- Capacitive switches can be designed to function in a variety of environments, including in the presence of excess moisture or particulate matter.
- Capacitive switches can interact with the user via haptic feedback.
- We can design your custom switch to eliminate line noise.
- Almax-RP can design passive capacitive switches as thin as 0.020″. Capacitive Switches are thin and sleek.
- No moving pieces will typically mean a longer lifespan when compared to many tactile keypads.
- A capacitive switches are energy efficient.