Almax – RP designs and manufactures custom rubber keypads. Our keypads are used by medical professionals, first responders, and military operators. People count on us to provide reliable rubber keypads. If your silicone rubber keypad must perform in a tough environment, then you can trust Almax to provide you with the best solution available.
Customization Options for Silicone Rubber Keypads
- Custom size, shape, and form factor: Our engineering team can design a silicone rubber keypad to fit your device and application.
- Screen Printing: Almax screen prints custom graphics onto silicone rubber keypads. We use the Pantone color system to match colors.
- LED backlighting: Silicone rubber is an ideal medium for diffusion of LED light sources. We manufacture an extensive line of custom backlit rubber keypads.
- Polyurethane or epoxy protective coating: Protective coatings increase durability. They can improve tactile feel too.
- Laser Etching: We laser etch symbols and nomenclature onto silicone rubber. Our laser etching process has very tight tolerances. This means that etching is ideal for intricate designs and small keypad nomenclature.
- IP67 Waterproof Designs: Moisture and electronics don’t mix. We can design your keypad to keep water out.
Benefits and Applications
Rubber keypads are durable and reliable, even when used in the most harsh conditions. Silicone rubber keypads are resistant to vibration and shock, and they can be IP67 sealed to withstand exposure to moisture and dust too. The durability of silicone rubber makes rubber keypads ideal for demanding environments and rugged applications. Gloved operators find rubber keypads easy to use and hard to break. These advantages make rubber keypads an ideal choice for defense projects, first responder equipment, and other critical applications.
In addition to being a very durable material, silicone rubber is a great light diffusion medium. This mean a silicone rubber keypad can be backlit with surface mount LEDs. We manufacture a wide range of backlit designs. If you need a durable backlit user interface, then a custom rubber keypad might be the best solution for you.
If you would like a quote for a silicone rubber keypad then please fill out our contact form and our team will get back to you within 1 business day. We can also schedule a free Design for Manufacturing (DFM) review with your engineering team. A DFM review can save your team money and time. We look forward to working with you.