Almax – RP has been designing and manufacturing silicone rubber keypads for almost 2 decades. Our customers count on us to provide high reliability rubber keypads for critical applications. Our keypads are used by medical professionals, first responders, and military operators. When your rubber keypad design has to perform in a tough environment, you can trust Almax to provide you with the best solution available.
Customization Options for Silicone Rubber Keypads
- Custom size, shape, and form factor: Our engineering team can design a custom rubber keypad to fit your device and application.
- Screen Printing: Almax screen prints custom graphics onto silicone rubber keypad overlays.
- LED backlighting: Silicone rubber is an ideal medium for diffusion of LED light sources. We manufacture an extensive line of custom backlit rubber keypads.
- Polyurethane or epoxy protective coating: Protective coatings provide increased durability They can improve tactile feel too.
- Laser Etching: We laser etch designs and nomenclature onto rubber keypads. Etching can be done with tighter tolerances than screen printing so etching is ideal for intricate designs and dense keypad nomenclature.
- Molded plastic assemblies: Rubber keypads are often combined with molded plastic housings or encasements to produce a high-end finished product.
Benefits and Applications
Rubber keypads are durable and reliable, even when used in the most harsh conditions. Silicone rubber keypads are resistant to vibration and shock, and they can be IP67 sealed to withstand exposure to moisture and dust too. The durability of silicone rubber makes rubber keypads ideal for demanding environments and rugged applications. Rubber tactile keys are easily designed for use by a gloved operator. These advantages make rubber keypads an ideal choice for defense applications, first responder equipment, and other critical applications.
In addition to being a very durable material, silicone rubber is a great light diffusion medium. If your design requires backlit keys for low light use, then rubber keypads may be a great choice. In most cases, we design rubber keypads to be backlit using surface mount LEDs. Fiber optic lighting backlighting is also an option.
Contact us today at Sales@Almax-RP.com to get started on your custom rubber keypad project. We can help you design your user interface for reliability and manufacturability. We look forward to working with you!